The AIPA Secretariat Attachment Program is an internship opportunity for final year student or fresh graduate across the ASEAN Member States. This program is designed to give practical experience and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment on a wide range of AIPA activities.
The AIPA Secretariat offers an attachment program in various areas and working units, such as the Directorate of Committees, Directorate of Stakeholders Engagement and Resource Mobilization, Directorate of Finance and Administration, Directorate of Knowledge Management, Information & Communication Technology.
As part of the team, interns will be given the opportunity to attend the AIPA meetings, participate in workshops and seminars, and contribute to the analytical and administrative work of the AIPA Secretariat. Interns will also receive a certificate and emolument at the end of the attachment program.
AIPA SECRETARIAT ATTACHMENT PROGRAM (FEBRUARY-MAY 2023)
The intern is expected to perform the following assignments:
- Provide administrative and substantive supports to AIPA Secretariat in the preparation of the AIPA Meetings;
- Provide assistance in preparing briefing notes, background notes, country research, and/or in-depth analysis;
- Perform clerical duties including: take detailed notes during meetings or type/transcribe and edit memos and notes provided from meetings;
- Organize and analyze data related to the work of AIPA;
- Support AIPA Secretariat in developing project initiatives with AIPA Partners;
- Active and engage in public awareness campaigns of the AIPA programs and activities;
- Provide assistance in preparing social media and website content;
- Attend functions and networking events, if required;
- Daily administrative affairs;
- Run general related errands;
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in variety of tasks.
- Preferably fresh graduate;
- All educational backgrounds are welcome to apply;
- Open to ASEAN nationalities;
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university record;
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g., father, mother, brother, sister) working in AIPA Secretariat.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Maintain excellent writing and language skills (English);
- Ability to multitask and perform in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations;
- Pro-active approach to new and varying tasks;
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, organize and analyse data;
- Attention to details.
Please submit your application (motivation letter and curriculum vitae) by email to AIPA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject: [NAME]_[UNIVERSITY]
Status: (Open until 31 January 2023)