AIPA in cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) held two Seminar Workshops with the theme ‘ASEAN Integration for the Secretariat of the National Assembly’ in Vietnam (in Ha Long, 25-26 July 2019) and in Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Vientiane, 30-31 July 2019).
This Seminar Workshop aims to enable the secretariat officers and staff of the National
Assembly of Vietnam and Lao PDR to gain knowledge and understanding on the following topics:
1) Concept and Rationale of Regional Integration;
2) Overview of ASEAN and ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together;
3) Role of Member Parliaments of AIPA in the Implementation of ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead
4) The ASEAN Political-Security Community Blueprint 2025, the ASEAN Economic Community
Blueprint 2025, and the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025;
5) Required parliamentary measures to implement each of the pillar of ASEAN 2025: Forging
Ahead Together; and
6) Plans to comply with the required parliamentary measures to implement the action lines or
elements or objectives of each of the pillar of ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together.