The AIPA Secretariat, in cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany and implemented by Deutsche Geselschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) conducted a Workshop on Organizational Matters of AIPA from April 23-25, 2019 in Bali.
This workshop aims to enable participants among the AIPA Secretariat and the AIPA National Secretariats to gain a better understanding of each other and to provide feedback on AIPA related matters in order to improve AIPA and benefit the peoples of ASEAN.
Specifically, this workshop aims to enable the National Secretariat of ten AIPA Member Parliaments to gain understanding, and for the AIPA Secretariat to get feedback on the following topics:
- Draft Vision and Mission Statements, Organizational Objectives, Strategic Plan and Proposed Organizational Structure of AIPA Secretariat (Day 1);
- Draft Rules and Procedures of AIPA General Assembly (Day 2);
- Draft Guidelines and Format in Drafting AIPA Resolution (Day 2);
- Draft AIPA Resolution Encouraging Every AIPA Member Parliament to Establish an effective and Sustainable Organizational Mechanisms preferably through a Dedicated Parliamentary Committee to Deliberate on all AIPA-Related Matters (Day 3);
- Ways to Establish Better Communication Mechanisms among AIPA Secretariat, ASEAN Secretariat and AIPA National Secretariat to foster better working relationship and cooperation among the three Secretariat groups (Day 3).